Hire a Professional Organizer —
How do I hire the right organizer for me?
- When using the NAPO-GPC Find an Organizer search, enter the zip code of the location of the job site. For example, if you live in Philadelphia and want an organizer to help you with your New Jersey business, enter the New Jersey zip code. This will guarantee that all of the organizers in your search results travel to your New Jersey location.
- Limiting the number of specialties you choose improves the outcome of the results. It is recommended that you choose your top three organizing challenges.
- When selecting a professional organizer, it is important to find someone you like and with whom you feel comfortable. It may be helpful to generate a list of questions you would like to ask to help you select the best organizer to meet your needs. Here are some sample questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- What is your background and/or training?
- What types of organizing services do you offer?
- What kinds of organizing challenges have you addressed?
- Do you specialize in any areas?
- How do you charge for your services?
- Can you provide references from past clients?
- Are you actively involved in NAPO? If so, how?
- What do you like about working as a professional organizer?